Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Sunday we were able to leave the hospital and head on home.  Beau did great in his first car ride and was fast asleep before we knew it!  Once we got home, we gave Beau a tour of his new home and showed him his nursery.  Joe's Grandma Connie, Aunt Marcia and her girls gave Beau this bouncer at my baby shower, and it is his favorite item so far!  He loves to have the music play and the vibrations put him to sleep instantly---so thank you Great-Grandma Connie and Great-Aunt Marcia!!!! :)

Our first night went well with Beau.  I didn't sleep because I was so paranoid and nervous, like a typical new mommy, that I jumped to his side every time I heard him whimper or make any type of noise.  After having a long talk with my mom, she helped me realize that it's okay to be nervous like that, but he's going to cry a little but will fall back asleep so it's okay to leave him be.  So last night, Beau didn't sleep in mommy and daddy's bedroom, he slept in his big boy crib!  He seemed to love it.  He slept so well in there and only woke up to eat every few hours---just like he is supposed to!  Joe and I are LOVING being new parents and are so blessed to have such a precious, healthy son.

No comments:

Post a Comment