Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fate?!

Here is a story for those of you who believe in fate or that God truly has a plan for everyone....

Last night, Dena came over to spend time with Joe and I before baby PJ arrives.  As we were all discussing PJ's soon due date and when we think PJ will come, Dena kept insisting that PJ is coming on Saturday.  I kept thinking "why is she saying Saturday?  Her birthday is next Friday.  Maybe she's just confused and thinks her birthday is early" :).  But no.  After a few hints, I finally got it.

Last year, on September 22 to be exact, Joe, Dena and I were out for the night.  I had been writing silly messages on napkins such as: Dena + Paigey = best friends, Paigey loves Joe, etc.  Just being a little Jr. Highish (which is probably why I love teaching middle school kids so much!).  On one specific napkin, I wrote "Joe and Paigey Pierson, est. October 15, 2011".  I had semi-jokingly told Joe tha he had better marry me by this date!  We both love fall, and thought it would be the perfect date to get married.

Obviously, this did not end up being our anniversary date, as we had bigger, better blessings pop up into our lives!  But, fate still wanted to keep this date near to our hearts.  PJ's due date is Monday, the 17th.  If you haven't read our previous post, Joe and Dr. Bruxvoort think we are having a baby this weekend, so if that were the case, October 15th would be an "established" date for us...with starting our family!


Before Dena left for the night, she ran out to her car and showed us the napkin that she kept!  It was so special to see it and to think God really does have a plan for us all---He knew over a year ago that PJ would be coming into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment