Monday, October 20, 2014

Welcome to the World, Baine Joseph Pierson


     On Thursday night, around 7:00 we were finally able to make it to the hospital to get induced.  The OB was full of women in labor and even with the nurses being on a tight schedule, they were amazing to us and tended to our every need!  Right away we were induced, and as we figured, it made for a very long, uncomfortable, painful night.  I didn't sleep more than an hour.  I did not have ANY pain medications, and my contractions were every 2-3 minutes.  Just as I suspected, the induction didn't make labor progress to where we needed to be.  By morning, my whole labor experience was made better by seeing my FAVORITE nurse ever, Lisa, walk into my room.  She was called in to see if she could help out since they were short staffed and she was assigned to me---hallelujah!  Lisa was one of my nurses when we delivered Beau, and she made the whole experience so amazing for me.  As soon as she started checking my vitals and going over my chart, she told me she would get me pain meds asap and wouldn't let me "suffer" anymore.
     After getting Pitocin all morning, I still hadn't dilated more than a 2 and was not making the progress I needed to be making.  Finally, Dr. Posthuma decided it was time to break my water shortly after lunch.  As soon as I was given my epidural, I was able to get a little rest and NO MORE PAIN!  Around 2:00 the nurse checked me to see what progress we had made, and were still only at a 2, maybe a 3 she said.  Then shortly before 3:00, I told her I was feeling pressure and something wasn't quite right.  She went to check me again, and just like that, I was complete and Baby P was ready to make his/her entrance!  They were able to get Dr. Posthuma in within minutes and my room ready for delivery!  By 3:09, on a beautiful Friday afternoon, Baine Joseph Pierson was born weighing 8 lbs 11 oz 21 inches long.  It was the best news ever to hear Joe tell me "Baby, its a boy!  We have another boy!" For those of you who didn't know, I wanted another boy SO BADLY!  Granted, I would have been just as happy and in love with a girl, but my heart was set on having another boy :).
     Delivering Baine was the exact same labor story as it was with Beau.  Went in on a Thursday night, was induced, nothing worked, broke my water, then within a couple of hours, I was in full labor.  With Beau, I only had to push about 15 minutes.  With Baine, I didn't even push for 5 minutes!  Even though I was blessed to have such an easy, smooth delivery, the pain medicine had started to ware off so I felt more than I had anticipated.  But it was worth it in every possible way!  I cried like a baby as soon as I saw Baine and held him to my chest.  God has definitely blessed Joe and I with two healthy, amazing sons.  We could not be happier.
     After we delivered Baine, we wanted Beau to be the first person to meet him.  Joe went and got Beau to bring him back to our room.  Beau was instantly in love with Baine and the first thing he asked was "Does he talk to me yet?".  Priceless.  He kissed Baine and did not want to leave his side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment