Monday, October 20, 2014

Prepared and Waiting

     Last Thursday was the day we had been scheduled to be induced.  I didn't go to work and spent the whole day cleaning, making sure bags were packed and organized, and then spent time with my mom and sister.  Even though I had freezer meals made up, schedule for Beau taken care of, house/dog arrangements taken care of, I still felt scared and nervous for going into labor.  Even though this was our second go-around, it felt like the first time all over again! 
     I kept thinking all day, "Gosh I love Beau so much.  How on earth am I going to be able to have enough love to love this second baby just as much?  How am I going to be able to be fair to two kids?" Good thing I had my mom and Brook to keep my mind off of things that day as we spent the afternoon together and believe it or not, no one got in an argument! :)
     That night we were supposed to be at the hospital by 5:00 to be induced.  I received a phone call shortly before saying that since there were so many women in labor at that time, they had to push our induction to later.  As frustrated as I was about this, it all ended up working out.  We were able to spend more time with Beau at my sister's and get a little more family time in before the "big event".  It definitely calmed my nerves to be around all of the kids and watching them play together.  As a special gift, Brook had Banx and Beau paint canvases for the Baby.  When I got to Brook's house, Beau was so proud of his artwork and couldn't wait to show me.  I will cherish them forever!
   
Excessively prepared....

Beau proved himself that he is a good driver and decided to take Bond for a drive...scary to think what these two will truly do when they can drive in 14 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment