Monday, September 4, 2017

Swimming Days at Nana's/ End of Summer 2017/Farmer's Market


We have tried to make it swimming as much as possible the past couple of weeks. The boys still ask to go to Nana's all of the time, even though they know she isn't there. As hard as it is for me to go out there, I am slowly learning to "suck it up" and go out there for the boys' sake. And I must admit, at times, I find it peaceful there because for a short moment, I feel her there with me. 






A couple of weekends ago, Brook, Banx, Piper and I went to the farmers market in Des Moines during the State Fair. It was something we used to always do with mom, especially when we would come camp on the weekends during the fair. Mom loved the fresh flowers and food at the farmers market. It was the perfect morning with the four of us and I know mom was smiling watching us carry on these fun memories. The worst of it still is, is that we wish she was making these memories with us. 

While Brook and I took the girls to the Farmer's Market, Papa and She-She kept the boys and had a sleepover :) Of course a trip to the farm was necessary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment