Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Labor Day Weekend 2017


For Labor Day weekend we were all over the place. Joe, Piper and I had just returned Thursday night from Florida, and as soon as we got back and picked up the boys, Beau wanted to start the weekend off by going to see Nana. After getting off work Friday, we spent the night at home, relaxing and going out to eat. Saturday, Joe and the boys headed for Rathbun while Piper and I stayed back. As much as I didn't want to be away from the boys again, I needed to stay home and decompress a bit. My emotions had been running high all week while we attended Royce's funeral in Florida and it just triggered horrible memories. So Piper and I shampooed carpets, cleaned, organized, and maybe online shopped...maybe :) 

Sunday, Piper and I rode with Dennis down to Thunderhead so I could spend time with my family down there. It is so nice that my Aunt Joi's lake house is right next door to Tim and Kim's (Brook' in-laws). I was able to spend time with Brook, Austin, Banx, Bond and then my aunt, uncle and my cousins. Going on a boat ride was so relaxing and just going back to "normal" with the my cousins by spending time together, bickering, teasing each other, and of course making fun of each other. It was exactly what I needed...a bit of normalcy back in my life. It was also so nice to see Dennis enjoying his afternoon golfing with the guys and spending time with our family. Mom would be so happy to see him still spending time with us as if she were still here. 

While Beau and Baine were at Rathbun, they went fishing with Uncle Josh. Beau caught two fish and and Baine even caught a catfish! They ended their Sunday night by going to the lighted boat parade and watching the fireworks. 










We ended the weekend by eating at the boys' favorite restaurant, Mi Ranchito, and then going swimming at Nana's again. It was hard today since we would normally always end Labor Day weekend by swimming with her before she closed up her pool for the year. And today, I didn't see her or feel her at all, which was incredibly hard. I hope she comes back to me tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment