Sunday, February 26, 2017

First Few Days at Home as a Family of 5

We have been home five days now as a family of 5. Things are truly going great and everyone seems to be adjusting well! I was most concerned about Baine, as to how he would handle a new baby, but he is absolutely taken by her! He always asks to "me hold it" and wants to know "where my baby go?". Beau obviously is being a great big brother as always. He loves to be in the same room as her, hold her hand when she cries, and is also very curious about why Piper has to nurse on mommy and where does my milk come from? Oh gosh, I wasn't ready for those conversations yet!!


Going home from the hospital! Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Piper has been such a good baby so far...I truly hope this isn't a honeymoon phase :). She sleeps so good, rarely cries, and is nursing like a champ! She has latched on since the moment I first nursed her as soon as she was born. She never needed my help, a nipple guard, or anything to help her get started. But oh boy am I sore from her being a good eater so far...I forgot how bad it hurts! Right now, Piper is only waking up two times at night to nurse. She will eat for about 20 minutes or so, and then fall right back to sleep. I can handle that!!

Daddy already is wrapped around her little finger. When we were in the hospital, I was stressing a little about how we have ZERO baby girl clothes for her. He kept telling me, don't worry about it that's minor. We can get clothes. Later that day, he and Beau went out to lunch and then went shopping for baby Piper. It was the sweetest thing ever to see 2 out of my 3 favorite men in my life shop for Baby Piper and spoil her. They even made sure to buy onesies that had ruffles on the butt, which Joe knows I love :) All three boys are already protective of her, and I just can't wait to see how they are with her when she is older.

Aunt Brookie, Uncle Austin, Bond and Banx have been extremely excited to have a new niece/cousin. They were so excited to come over once we got home from the hospital, especially Banx. She is going to have a new best friend now! :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment