Tuesday, April 10, 2018

7 Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe we have been married 7 years already. Some days it feels like 30 years, and other days it seems like we were just in Florida exchanging our vows.  When people tell you marriage is not easy; it's hard work...they are not kidding! I don't want my kids to ever think being married is "easy" or requires no special attention. To celebrate our anniversary this year, Joe and I went on an overnight date in Des Moines. I cannot remember the last time we were alone and out on a date just the two of us. While it was nice to get away and escape responsibilities for a day, my anxiety got the best of me. 
The past 9 months, well year really, has been really hard on Joe and I. After I had Piper my PPD was horrible and took everything out of me, and then just 3 months later my mom died. So it has been a year of ups and downs, but mostly downs unfortunately. It is hard to be happy, or even pretend to be happy anymore with all of the heartache. I do hope and pray even that someday I will be able to get back to my old self. And I'm sure Joe wishes the same. Until then, Joe and I have been so blessed in our marriage to have three healthy, happy babies. And that alone is enough to make us realize how fortunate we are and to always try and look at the glass as half full.

No comments:

Post a Comment