Monday, March 27, 2017

The Circle of Life


Shari's mom, Ruth, passed away Friday from her 10 year battle with Alzheimer's. While funerals are never easy, it does seem to be the time to see friends and family that you haven't seen in awhile. Great-grandma Betty met Piper for the first time and was able to get her snuggles in with her. When Mel, Dennis's dad, passed away last month, my mom kept saying that me being pregnant was a sign of the circle of life (since we were due right when he passed). I truly felt that at the funeral service for Ruth today. Time passes too fast, and life is too short to take what we have for granted. I am so blessed to have had three, healthy children. That is truly the best gift I could have ever received. While it can be easy to question God and be mad at him when we hurt or lose loved ones, at the end of the day, God is good and His plan is far greater than ours.



No comments:

Post a Comment