Friday, May 20, 2016

Update on Baine

I have been so busy with the end of the school year, soccer, and trying to get Baine feeling better, I have not given an update on how he is doing.

First of all, about two months ago Baine gave up his bottle cold-turkey! He was such a rockstar about giving it up! He was such a stinker about that darn bottle.  He has never taken a pacifier or sucked his thumb, so the bottle was one of his only "needs" to get to sleep or calm down.  Now, we just have his blue anchor blanket---and I love that he carries his blanket everywhere with him! :)

Secondly, Baine has not been feeling well since this winter. We have battled many ear infections, influenza, strep and teething.  I have been saying for months now that somethings is not right with Baine.  It has just been my intuition.  He also has not been talking yet, except for the occasional words.  We finally took Baine to an ENT to get more answers.  Turns out, Baine cannot hear.  He will have surgery next week to have tubes put in.  I am hoping this will be the end of his misery and finally begin to feel better again.  I miss my happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment