Sunday, January 4, 2015

Last Day of Maternity Leave

Well, it is that time again where my maternity leave is over and I need to head back to work.  With Beau, it wasn't that hard to go back because I didn't know any different and I just didn't know what to except for emotions.  This time, with Baine, I am dreading it more than anything in the world.  I am so grateful that I took the full 12 weeks off to be with Baine, however, I have become accustomed to our routine at home and I am quite fond of it.  I love our snuggles throughout the day, his continuous smiles to me, and his "talking".  I am not ready to leave him.  However, I do know that Mary is going to take amazing care of him and send me pictures every chance she gets throughout the day.  Even though I have been crying all day, have been mopey all weekend, and having terrible anxiety about leaving Baine, I know I love my job.  I do miss my students dearly and I am every excited to see them all.  Not only do I miss my students, but I miss my teacher friends.  A few of them have been so amazing with getting me excited to come back to work and just being a shoulder to cry on.  I am forever grateful for these women :)


The other night, a few of my teacher friends came over to catch up and share a bottle of wine, or two :).  Kim is always a baby lover and she was so amazing with Beau!  I think she played with Beau more than I was able to catch up with her.  After playing trains and Beau's new tent, it was time to call it a night.  Nights like this do make me excited to get back to work to see everyone on a regular basis again.
Baine and I cuddled all day today and we had a long talk about how even though Mommy has to go back to work, it doesn't mean I don't want to be home with him.  But like my Aunt Joi has told me, being a teacher is the best job while being a mommy.  Yes, it is hard while they are little because we want to be home with them, but once they are in school, I am excited to always have the same schedule as them and, of course, have my summers off with them too :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment