Monday, April 14, 2014

Potty Training---CHECK!

It is no secret that Beau is DEFINITELY my child when it comes to his stubbornness.  Potty training has been a bit of a roller-coaster--Beau would have great days, and then not so good days.  I felt terrible last fall because he was definitely ready and wanting to be potty trained, but it was right when school started and then I wasn't home with him during the days to keep working with him, so he regressed---big time!  The past few months he would always do a great job going at home for us, but then not at daycare or other places.  Then all of a sudden last Friday, Mary told Beau that if he wanted to go outside to play with the big kids, he had to be a big kid and go pee on the potty.  And just like that, he was potty trained...I kid you not!  He has been in big boy underwear since Friday morning with NO accidents!  He finally went #2 today for the first time since Friday (he really had to go!) and I could not be more excited and proud of him!  So no more buying diapers!!! At least not until next October for Baby P #2 :)

It is funny because I kept reading all of these articles on "potty training boot camp" and they just are not for Beau.  I know my son better than any other mom out there and it was getting a little annoying to hear co-workers, friends and such telling me that I needed to do this with Beau to get him potty trained.  I just said "if it's not his idea, he will not buy into it!".  And I could not have been more right :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment