Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Educator of the Week

I was nominated again this year as Educator of the Week for Oskaloosa Schools. Last summer I had been selected just days before my mom passed, and I will never forget her being so upset with me because I didn't tell her about it right away. She LOVED to brag on Brook and I and show her pride in our success. Mom had made sure to keep a copy of the paper (literally two days before she passed) and had told me she had a copy. I was pretty bummed out this summer when I couldn't find a copy and I didn't have my mom around for this. Then my mom followed through with a sign once again. Her good friend, Danitta, had texted me the next day after I had been venting to Joe, asking me if I needed a copy of the article because she kept one and wanted to make sure I had it. I so know that was my mom talking through her! I love signs like this :)

My answer was still the same as it was last summer regarding the question of "what made me want to become a teacher". Mom always told me I had Mrs. Smith (my favorite high school math teacher) to thank for this. And she couldn't be more right. 

Ironically, I had JUST been telling Joe that I wonder what Mrs. Smith was up to, because I hadn't seen her in so long. Literally that night when we went up to Thankful Thursdays in the Alley, Mrs. Smith was there and came up and gave me a huge hug about my article. It was most definitely a sign that I saw her that night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment