Thursday, August 17, 2017

Updates on Baine: Lyme Disease and Surgery Update

When it rains it pours here. Baine was diagnosed with Lyme Disease towards the middle of July, and then one week later, we found out at his ENT appointment that his tonsils and adenoids needed to be removed to help with his sleep apnea and to help him breath better, especially at night. The worst of it was, Baine needed to have his surgery at Mercy hospital in Des Moines, which is where my mom was. For the past two weeks, I have been a nervous wreck and just imagining the worse case scenario. We had to wait in the same waiting room that we did for my mom, and I had to pick up my baby boy out of Post - Op in the same place that we pick up my mom. It was cruel to be there. It was horrid. And we had to stay overnight in the hospital since Baine needed to stay 24 hours for observation.

To sum it up, after many tears and stressful conversations that morning, Baine had a successful surgery. However, he is still not feeling well. I am very grateful that all went well and that we are home. God can definitely give our family a break now, especially Baine. My poor baby boy has not had it easy the past year and a half and I am just not sure I can handle anymore curveballs thrown my way.
Thank goodness Papa came in before Baine went back for surgery because Baine was NOT HAPPY



Baine only wanted Papa after surgery--I think he was mad at me for taking him back for when he had to go in










This is the spot where we were able to first see my mom after her surgery---it's also the exact spot I waited to pick up Baine after his surgery. Just cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment