Thursday, August 17, 2017

Piper's 1st Day of Daycare

Yesterday was Piper's very first day of daycare with Jodee. It truly didn't hit me until I pulled out of Jodee's driveway that this was a "first" I was going through without being able to call my mom and sob about how sad it was to leave my baby at her first day of daycare. Jodee normally does not take babies because she does so many outdoor activities and field trips. However, she was going to be flexible with me this fall and watch Piper 2-3 days a week while my mom watched Piper the other days. Shortly after mom passed, I received a message from Jodee that she would love nothing more than to take Piper full time. To say this was a huge relief is an understatement. We absolutely love Jodee and I was NOT wanting to find another daycare. Thankfully Piper is truly the easiest baby ever and is already adjusting to being at daycare. Jodee has been sending me pictures throughout the days and even showed me a picture of Piper in the stroller when they walked to the park saying "Hi mom! I am on my first field trip and being a good girl for Jodee! I even fell asleep and napped all morning in the stroller :)" This made my heart melt. Knowing that Piper, and obviously the boys, are in such good hands while I am at work puts me at so much ease. 


She was so worn out from Jodee's after Day 1 she took 3 naps, and slept 12 hours that night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment