Thursday, August 17, 2017

Iowa State Fair 2017

Our first venture to the Iowa State Fair without my mom. It was hard, but honestly, it wasn't any harder for me than it is being anywhere else. I expect to see my mom everywhere I am at, so knowing I wouldn't see her at the fair was just the same as not seeing her pull up at my house or meeting her for ice-cream after school. Overall though, the kids (including Joe and Austin) had a great time watching our babysitter Kaylee getting hypnotized and riding rides until late that night. Brook and I had taken Baine and Piper to the camper to get the to bed since Baine had surgery the next morning and we just needed a break. I know that if my mom would have been there she would have been reaming ass for how much the guys were drinking and for Joe and Dennis smoking :). I miss seeing the nose flares and her shaking her finger when she was mad. I feel like I miss that because I saw it often...she was mad at me a lot!








Before going to the Fair, we took the boys to Build a Bear to use their gift cards they were given by my Christian School classmates after my mom passed. It was such a thoughtful and genuine gift and such a sentimental way to remember their Nana. It was so much fun for Beau to go through the whole process of making his bear, bathing it, dressing it and putting his heart in it. Baine wasn't as into it, but was in love with his final "Piderman Teddy Bear" product :)







No comments:

Post a Comment