Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas Morning


As much as I wanted to sleep in Christmas morning, the boys had other plans since they knew Santa came the night before. Beau was in our bed by 7 am waking us up to go see what Santa brought. But let me be clear, Santa does not get all the credit for Christmas presents at our house. The boys' "big" presents come from mommy/daddy, and Santa usually brings something small. This is the teacher coming out of me I think. Because I never want my boys to go to school or tell their friends that Santa brought them all these awesome toys. I then think about my students who don't have gifts from Santa, or anyone at all. I don't want those children to ever ask "why didn't  Santa bring me anything?". So at our house, Santa brings colors, coloring books, or a small toy---nothing special. I hope the boys don't resent me for that some day ;)

As expected, Baine was only excited about one thing when opening presents---the candy in his stocking! He loved his new light up toothbrush and box of pink starburst. He literally did not want to open any other present. He just wanted to eat his candy! So Beau was excited to take over unwrapping all of the presents! 






No comments:

Post a Comment