Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Making the Most of It

   Quote on anxiety: Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.:
     I have really been struggling with finding peace and serenity the past several months. I am constantly worrying and stressing about everything imaginable. Having Beau and Baine have definitely made me a "worry wart". I am always wanting the best for them, like every normal parent, and wondering if I am doing enough for them and their future. I never want my children to go through hard times or have their heart broken or worry about financial issues, or paying for college, etc. I realize they need to face these bumps in the road to make them a better and stronger person, but like most parents, you just want more for your kids and want them to have the best life possible. I am trying to find the balance in that. The boys are only 4 and 1, and I am already stressing about making sure they don't ever have to worry about college loans! How crazy am I, right?! This is what fills my mind. Worries non-stop.
     I understand life could be worse, it always can be. I understand I am very blessed and and fortunate. However, sometimes you selfishly think about your own life and your family's lives, and just think to yourself, "What can I/we do to make our life better? Are we living in the right place? Are our kids going to the right school? Do we need a different life plan/goals?" These thoughts are continually overflowing my head. I am trying to deflect these thoughts, and only focus on the positive right now. It has definitely been a challenge. My job this year has been horrible, and it has been a major factor in making me more miserable than I have ever imagined I could be. But, it could always be worse.
     A dear friend sent me the picture above, and it resonated so well with me. I know I need to just LET IT GO! :)  I know I need to not worry as much, and try to enjoy life for the time we have.  So to Beau in Baine in the future years, I apologize for being that mom that hoovers over you, constantly worries about you, and is always riding your case to do well in school and behave. But that is my main job in life. And right now, it is the only job I am wanting to put my full effort and energy into!

No comments:

Post a Comment