Monday, September 22, 2014

26th Birthday

Birthdays have always been a huge deal to me.  There is just something about getting one day out of the year where it truly gets to be "all about you".  Even though I am almost a mother of two, I still feel like a kid at heart with birthdays.  As I was thinking of all of the birthdays I have had, being spoiled with parties, friends, etc., it made me realize I want my children to have all of these fabulous memories as well! 

My mom always teases me saying she gets nervous for my birthday because she thinks I am hard to please.  Not true because she knows me better than anyone!!  All I truly want Beau and this next baby to realize, is that it's not about how many gifts you get, how much money was spent on you, but WHO helped you celebrate your special day and was there for you.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing family who still spoils me to this day.  It must be a Converse thing, because my mom, Aunt Joi and sister are the BEST at making birthdays fabulous--not because they are GREAT gift-givers, but because they truly go out of their way to make your day special.  I don't know what I would do without these women. 

When I took Beau to Mary's the morning of my birthday we had this coversation....
Me: Beau will you tell mommy happy birthday?
Beau: No, mommy.  I'm too tired.
Banx: Beau!  You need to tell your mommy happy birthday!
Beau: I don't sink so Banx.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment