Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Celebrations...

Thursday was my birthday, and I couldn't have been more spoiled at school!  Joe had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my classroom---several of my students thought Mrs. Pierson's husband is quiet the charmer :).  Then, my best friend Dena came to surprise me over lunch with a "sweet" bouquet of chocolate and balloons...and I can't forget the delicious Jaarsma cookies she brought! 

Mom made some of my favorites for dinner that night...thank you mom!  It was so fun to celebrate with Brook, Austin and Banx there.  Banx was our entertainment for the night...she is a very busy little girl!  Bankers even knew the night wasn't "all about her", and she didn't even throw a fit :).

The fun night of my birthday quickly came to an end once Joe and I got home.  I started getting terrible Braxton Hicks and bad back pain.  Our first thought...we were going into labor.  So I tried to toughen it out thinking it would go away, but it kept progressing through the night, and then making me sick.  Finally, after neither of us going to sleep yet, I had Joe take me to school at 5 am so I could leave lesson plans for a substitute.  Joe had called the Labor and Delivery department in Pella, and they wanted me to come in right away.  But having that Converse trait in me for being stubborn, I waited it out until the clinic was open so I could see my doctor.  Finally, we went to the hospital.  Good news, it was just a touch of the flu, but, the beginning stages of labor are vastly approaching.  The doctor said I'm starting to get back labor, so have my bag packed and be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment