Friday, March 17, 2023

NYC: Day 1

For Christmas, my dad treated Brook and I to a trip of our choice in the U.S. We chose NYC, because we thought it would be special to see the 9/11 Memorial with our dad due to his help and rescue at the Pentagon. 

NYC 🏙️ Day 1
Started off in true Fynaardt fashion. Our flight was canceled after Geno (a/k/a “Physic Fynaardt”) INSISTED I leave Osky at 3:30 a.m. on the heels of daylight savings to meet them in DSM for our flight. (I’m not bitter at all.)
We found a flight out of Omaha, and the mad moms (and one grandpa) in a minivan blew into the Eppley Airfield with time to spare for the bar…only to discover that Dad checked Paige and me in, in his rushed last-minute booking, as “Brook Fynaardt” and “Paige Fynaardt.” Thankfully, we made it through security.
We landed safely, Paige got carsick with our 40-minute Uber ride, we checked into the hotel, and had an amazing experience at The Edge.

Special thanks to Shawn and Joe for spending today driving to Omaha and back to pick up my van for our return DSM flight 🫣

--Thankfully Brook posted our day to date recaps :)














 

No comments:

Post a Comment