Thursday, April 8, 2021

Feeling Grateful

Palm Sunday, my dad and Shari had everyone over to celebrate Easter early (Shari's family and sisters and  us Fynaardt sisters). As soon as I walked into the house, I saw a flower arrangement of daffodils on the kitchen table. I asked Brook who brought those, and she didn't know. (Back story, daffodils were my mom's favorite flower). I kept looking at them and also feeling bad because obviously I instantly starting thinking of my mom and how much I miss her, while we were at my dad's. After a little while, Shari asked me if I saw the flowers. I asked her who brought them, and she said "Well I did! I saw them at the store and wanted you and Brook to feel special". I immediately felt this overwhelming feeling of my mom hugging me, gratefulness, and pure joy. 
How amazing is it that not only a normal family member brought my mom's flowers to family Easter, but my step-mom?! It was so thoughtful and special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment