Thursday, February 6, 2020

Life Lessons

With the horrific news of Kobe Bryant over the past week, it has triggered many emotions across the nation---actually across the world. It is so unfortunate, yet true, that tragedy is often our reminder of how precious life on earth really is. When we hear of someone unexpectedly dying, or becoming sick with cancer, it is a normal reaction to take a look at your own life and reflect on your moral compass and put yourself in check.

I have learned many lessons over the past few years now since my mom passed away. Some lessons were hard, and some needed to happen. I still have yet to come to a reason of "this is why she passed" and this is the lesson from it. I don't think I will ever get to that point. And I think that's okay. Do I deep down think God needed her in Heaven more than he needed her on Earth being a disciple for Him? Yes, or at least that is what helps me move forward and feel some sense of peace. However, I still can't even begin to imagine why her time was up here with me. With us. With everyone she loved so much.

I still have moments everyday where I think "oh I need to call my mom and tell her____" or "Oh my gosh I need to ask my Mom ______" Approaching Year 3 without her has been easier, yet harder at the same time. She has been forgotten by many, or just not talked about as much. That is normal. People forget. People move on. I am just so overly protective of her, her legacy, her honor, that I struggle with that. I go see her more and more now at the cemetery. Once in awhile I can feel her standing next to me. Believing that she is here with me is what makes it easier. You have to have faith and believe. For all of those out there, who have faced tragedy in their life at some point, I pray for them if they do not have Faith. I can't even imagine what that would be like to overcome issues without believing. I pray for those people--daily.

Mom, you are still on my mind every single day. I think of you non-stop still. I am starting to go through some of your boxes that have been in my storage for the past few years. I am finding pictures that make me smile and bring back memories that I had forgotten about. Love you, P

No comments:

Post a Comment