Thursday, July 25, 2019

2 Years

Her beauty was boundless and overflowed from the inside, out. She had a way of making those around her feel loved, secure, and important. I have loved hearing from so many people telling me stories about my mom and what impact she made on them. She was truly one of a kind. She was a devoted wife, loving mother, amazing Nana, and most of all a strong disciple of God. 2 years has seemed like 2 days and 2 decades all wrapped into one. Time passes, people move on, and some even forget her. To all of you who reached out, have been there to keep her memory alive, or have 
just checked in, THANK YOU. My mom’s village is amazing and I am forever grateful💕 

-This is the post I put on Facebook to celebrate my mom's life on Earth. The amount of love and stories that were shared on this post were amazing. My mom was so loved is so loved. I wasn't even sad like I normally am. On this day, to hear people share so many beautiful things about my mom, made me smile. It made me proud. It made me realize Brook and I aren't the only ones left mourning her death. 

I miss you so much, mom. I do. I am learning how to continue living in this crazy world without you. Some days are better than others, and some days I barely make it out of bed still. However, those days are getting smaller by the count. It has been months since you have came to me in a dream. I know that is a sign from you telling me I need to be moving forward in life--not on from you--just forward. I am. I could use your help though. Beau still talks about you often. Even Baine will say a random memory from you house, swimming in your pool, or playing with the inflatables in your basement. We miss you. We haven't forgotten about you. We keep your memory alive. I promise you. I'll never forget your words to me. And I'll never forget you. You were my core. And to so many people, you were an angel to all of us. Love you and Miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment