Tuesday, May 22, 2018

1st "Heavenly" Mother's Day

I was very surprised how well I handled actual Mother's Day without my mom. I think it truly helped that I had my kids to keep my mind focused on being thankful for being a mom myself, and for my mother-in-law and step-mom also. Church was hard, very hard. But it normally is for me. Otherwise, it really wasn't as hard as the other holidays have been. I think that is also due to not having a normal Mother's Day tradition like we do at Thanksgiving or Christmas or birthdays. I sat with "my mom" for quite awhile on Saturday and brought her flowers and her favorite candy. I was hoping to get a sign from her, but it didn't happen. I know she will come to me one of these days, I'm just getting anxious to feel her again.






No comments:

Post a Comment