Thursday, October 15, 2015

Beloved Macee

Last week was a heartbreaking week in our house.  We had to say our final goodbyes to Macee.  Macee has been my companion, my sidekick, my #1 girl.  She always went back and forth with me in high school from whatever house I was staying at, I would sneak her to college with me and have her stay in the dorms, and she even was at the airport to greet me when I came back from living in London.  She quickly became protective of Beau and Baine, and loved to cuddle.  She was always looking for a lap to cuddle on, especially on Sunday's :)  We miss you Macee-Moo. 
Beau has been taking the loss of Macee the hardest now.  I truly didn't think he would care or notice she was gone.  However, Beau's chore everyday is to the let the dogs out and feed/water them in the morning before he gets a quarter.  Now, he gets emotional at nights because Macee isn't here.  He cries for her and in return, I break down too! :(  We were given the book "When Dogs Go to Heaven"from a good friend, and it has helped explain to Beau a little.  He keeps saying "I see the clouds mommy.  Those are the doggy beds where Macee sleeps now with God!" 

When we were explaining to Beau that Macee is in Doggy Heaven now, Beau asked "Did God come down and get Macee with a helicopter or airplane to take her back to Heaven?"  I will never forget that quote from Beau :)

No comments:

Post a Comment