Sunday, October 27, 2019

My 1st Tattoo

Well, it's official, I finally got my 1st tattoo. I have known for years I wanted a tattoo, I just didn't know for sure what I wanted or even where I wanted it. But for the past 2 years I have known for sure what I wanted---I just waited to make sure I wasn't making an impulsive decision or do something I would regret. Wednesday, I finally had my appointment (thank you Dena for making it for me and taking me) and I couldn't be more in love and proud of what I got. My old high school friend, Danny, did it for me, and he was amazing about all of it--even down to the alignment of how I wanted it angled on my arm because my mom always wrote at an angle. It was one of my mom's letters to me on my left forearm, and it will forever be a reminder to me to not forget my mom, her legacy, and how important she always will be to me. Also, my mom hated tattoos, and I as much as I tease that this was my last hoo-ray of making her mad ;), I also know deep down that she would be proud that I would want to be a walking memory of her wherever I go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment