Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

Mother's Day this year was not nearly as painful as I had expected--it was hard, but I still was able to enjoy the day with my babies. Joe had started off my weekend by spoiling me to spa day at one of my favorite Aveda spas. It was so relaxing. I then just shopped around and was able to just wonder without taking care of anyone---it was glorious! 
Beau was the sweetest ever for Mother's Day. He wanted to make sure Daddy slept by him so they could wake up early to give me my presents and make me breakfast...seriously he's only 7 and already so thoughtful! 
After church, we had lunch with my family and it was so fun to also celebrate Shari for Mother's Day. 
Later in the day, Kaylee and Abby (our babysitters) surprised me by showing up with flowers, a balloon, my favorite candy bar, and the sweetest card ever. I just love these girls so much and most definitely think of them as part of our family. You know you have picked good sitters when they partake in your family activities :)
That night, we went to Scott and Michelle's for dinner and were able to celebrate with Michelle. 
I am so grateful for all of the awesome moms in my life and their influence on me and my kids. Of course, one important person was missing on this day-but I know she was with me. 
My mom would have been so excited to see how cute all of her grandkids were in church and during children's moment. She would have loved seeing them pray and dedicate themselves to God. I miss her--still more than imaginable. I have not reached the hump yet where things "get better". But maybe someday, someday I won't be as upset. Until then, I am taking it day by day still and leaning on those who will listen and share stories about my mom. Happy Heavenly Mother's Day, Mom. I love you so much.










No comments:

Post a Comment