Monday, April 3, 2017

6th Wedding Anniversary


Joe and I had our 6 year wedding anniversary yesterday. I cannot believe it has been 6 years already. We spent the afternoon Saturday in Des Moines to celebrate our day (along with Piper of course since I'm not ready to leave her yet). While we didn't do anything extravagant or fancy, it was the first time in weeks, if not months, that we have had alone time together. I could not have wanted anything more than that.

Joe and I were reflecting on the past 6 years and it is just crazy to think of everything we have been through. Six years and 3 children definitely means we have been busy building our family, focusing on our kids, and not always dedicating enough time to each other. I want Beau, Baine and Piper to know that they are always going to be Joe and I's main priority in life. However, I am a firm believer that husband and wife should always come first. I want my kids to know that and understand that someday when the time comes for them to get married. Joe and I are not perfect in this department, but we're working on it ;).

Marriage is hard work, it is not always a picture perfect moment. And usually when it is portrayed as picture perfect, that is usually when there are issues. There have been times where we fight and deliberately hurt each other's feelings; there have been times where we say the wrong thing and accidentally hurt one another's feelings; and there have been times where we talked too much when we shouldn't have said anything at all. Through it all, I am thankful I am taking this journey in life with Joe. Even though it's not always flowers and rainbows, I wouldn't want to be doing this with anyone else. I am so incredibly thankful for Joe and our family and I cannot wait to watch everyone grow. Cheers to the past 6 years and to the years to come, Joe!




No comments:

Post a Comment