Friday, July 29, 2016

4th of July Celebrations

4th of July this year was a very cold, rainy, dreary weekend (except for one day). However, we didn't let that put a damper on our activities! We went to the lake for the weekend, and had our good friends Ty and Maggie down as well.  Even though we weren't able to boat and soak up the rays, we still managed to have a good time.




Beau went fishing with Uncle Josh and Daddy on Josh's new fishing boat, and Beau loved it! He caught quite a few fish on his own.  He even caught a catfish with his little fishing pole!  I love that he is taking to outdoor activities and is finding his own new element.



On Sunday, the Roes were back in town while traveling down from their lake house.  I have not seen them in two years, so I was beyond thrilled to finally see them.  They looked amazing and haven't changed a bit.  Caitlin and Caleigh, however, are so grown up! They were dressed like young ladies in fashionable outfits, high heels, and their hair all done.  Where did my little girls go that I used to dress up in lace and tutus? They were able to meet Baine for the first time and he took to David right away. It is crazy how the roles are changing. I used to help with the girls at dinner and outings, and now the girls were helping me at dinner with my little ones :) I do miss them dearly, and wish I was able to see them more often. Now I am more anxious than ever to travel back to Texas and visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment