Friday, August 1, 2014

1 Year--We'll Never Forget

One year ago today, Joe and I faced the hardest challenge God has thrown our way.  We lost our baby Bruce at 13 weeks.  While most people can be ignorant and think a miscarriage is normal and not a "big deal", it is quite the opposite.  I never knew my heart could hurt so much until last year.  It took me, and Joe for that matter, quite awhile to recover emotionally and try to understand "why us?".  God has a reason for everything, and you just have to have faith in that.  After accepting what had happened to us, I realized I needed to move forward and not dwell on it anymore.  I finally can openly talk about it with others now if need be.  August 1st is always going to be a hard day for Joe and I, and I never want to ignore this day.  Even though we were not able to hear our baby cry, hold his hand, or rock him to sleep, he was still our baby we created and I hope to meet him one day in Heaven. 

For those that do not know, I am a FIRM believer in signs.  Here is proof that Baby Bruce is still with us in spirit and sending us his love....
Last year, my mom took me down to Ottumwa to buy a special tree in remembrance of Baby Bruce.  At first, I thought a Weeping Willow would be appropriate, but the more I thought about it, I didn't want a tree that symbolized sadness and sorrow, I wanted a tree that had beautiful blossoms and gave you a cheerful feeling.  I ended up getting a Limelight Hydrangea Tree---absolutely beautiful.  While it had beautiful flowers on it last year, it wasn't blooming at all this summer.  I was getting a little bummed, but everyone at the flower nursery kept telling me that they normally don't bloom every year so it was to be expected.  Then, last week Joe told me I needed to go outside to look at Bruce's tree.  It was starting to get flower buds on it!  And today, of all days, the flowers have bloomed and it looks so beautiful.  How strange is that?  A tree that wasn't supposed to bloom, all of a sudden had flowers on it the DAY of Bruce's birthday?  We will never forget this day, and more importantly, have learned to not take things for granted in life.  Life is far too short to dwell on the small things.  We are so blessed in life to have one amazing, healthy son, and another baby on the way in just a few weeks.  God has a plan for us, and I can't wait to see it all unfold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment