Monday, December 2, 2013

Grateful for 2013

This Thanksgiving was a little emotional for me.  A lot has happened in 2013 that I am so incredibly thankful for and it just consumed me over the long weekend.  I know I can't list everything I am thankful for (that would take hours to write!) but here are a few:
-I am so thankful for having my own family with Joe and Beau.  Beau definitely has been Joe and I's greatest accomplishment in life and I couldn't be more proud as a mom!  Even though it has not worked in our favor to expand our family, I know how blessed we are to have such a healthy, happy son.
-I am so grateful for having amazing families!  My parents and Joe's parents are always there for us helping us in anyway possible.  Anything from helping build our house, watching Beau, or just a shoulder to cry on, I can proudly say I am so thankful for all six of our parents :)  I am also extremely spoiled with having the best sister in the world.  Even though our age difference kept us from being best friends while we were younger, it is safe to say my sister is my absolute best friend and definitely my better half.  She is always the voice of reason (OK, so maybe not when she's hormonal and pregnant ;) hehe) and is willing to listen to me at any point.  Joe is also blessed to have a brother who is amazing to both of us!  Josh would do anything for Joe and the same goes for Joe.
-Joe and I are so grateful to live in a new house.  Even though it consisted of Joe working many late nights and being gone from Beau and myself, his hard work with Scott has given us a beautiful, large home to live in.  I will forever be grateful to both Scott/Michelle and Joe for this.
-Last, but not least, I am so grateful for my husband.  Through everything we have gone through as a couple, Joe has always been by my side.  I have never met anyone who has spoiled, catered, and adored me as much as Joe. 

While spending time with my parents over Thanksgiving, I realized how blessed we really are.  It truly does not matter how much money you have, what your house looks like, what kind of clothes you wear or what you drive.  The only thing in life that matters is family.  We are so grateful for each of our family members and so blessed to live fairly close to all of our families. 

I learned in one of my Master's classes last week that the most important thing to teach your children is to "have an attitude of gratitude everyday".  I couldn't agree more with this!  It is my number one priority right now with my students at school, as with Beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment